The world of mobile applications has just started evolving and we are already witnessing stiff competition, especially between Google which is the leader of the group that has launched Android and Apple Inc, which is the manufacturer of iPhone, iPad and iPod. Apple got the advantage of launching its smart phone earlier than Google, but on the other hand Google is said to be the undisputed leader among the search engines.
- The Android applications can add a number of features to your mobile phone and convert it to a smart phone. Some of the factors that prompt the popularity of the Android applications are as follows.
- The Software development kit (SDK) for Android application development is designed and made available through Google. There is a wide variety of tools in the SDK. The SDK includes the operating systems, middleware and APIs that are needed to start developing the Android application.
- Android is an open source platform so the costs of designing the Android app are drastically reduced. Moreover if you are stuck anywhere when designing the application, there is a big community of Android followers to resolve your issue.
- There are many core applications inside the SDK. This makes the task of the Android app developer quite easy. The SDK includes a handset emulator, tools for debugging, several utility functions, several business functions and other features too. This facilitates the application developer with a wide array of alternatives. It is the SDK that provides the platform for developing an application that offers better experience for the end-user.
- The SDK is so advanced that the application developer has greater control over the features to be incorporated into the final Android application.
- The open source platform allows the application developer to easily distribute the completed application. Once completed, the finished application is sure to be very user friendly.
- When developing the Android mobile application, the designer is facilitated with P2P communication with the assistance of Google Talk. The designer can store the data with the help of SQLite.
- The designer with the help of Android app development kit can publish an application and export it to be used by others too.
- The Android app can be integrated with GPS, touch screen and video camera.
- The SDK is equipped with quite a big library with books about GPS, Touch screen, and video camera.
- The SDK enjoys the support of WiFi support as well as the Bluetooth and has a library of a number of 2D and 3D supporters.
- With the Android SDK you can develop customized Android apps for sale or free distribution to particular clients or the public in general.
- The Android application development facilitates the application developer, the business and the final user too.
Copyright © 2011